Special reduced price direct from author
No matter what the recruiter tells you, the first draft of your physician employment agreement is NOT carved in stone. Most employers are willing to make reasonable changes to a physician employment agreement, if you just ask them to. This book was written by an experienced physician’s attorney who has negotiated hundreds of employment agreements for physicians. You owe it to yourself to learn what you need to know BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.
Special reduced price direct from authorDennis Hursh has been a practicing attorney since 1982. Since 1992, when he founded Hursh & Hursh, P.C., he has focused his practice on the representation of physicians in contractual matters. Dennis has been rated AV (“preeminent”) by his legal peers in the field of healthcare law.
- Learn what benefits are being offered to other physicians
- Get a better physician employment agreement without incurring outrageous
- Protect yourself from common traps in physician employment contracts
Dennis is a graduate of Dickinson College (1976) and the Penn State Dickinson School of Law (1982). He received his Masters in the Laws of Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center in 1985. Dennis served as an active duty and reserve Marine Corps infantry officer for more than 20 years.
A contributing editor to Physicians News Digest, Dennis has authored several published articles on physician contractual matters. Dennis is a frequent lecturer to residency and fellowship programs, and has spoken at events sponsored by the Pennsylvania Medical Society, the Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health System, Geisinger Health System, the Pennsylvania Society of Cardiology, the WellSpan Health System, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and the American Podiatry Association.
PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS – KNOW WHAT TO ASK FOR TO MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!
- Dangers of productivity compensation for physicians
- Common physician incentive compensation formulas – what needs to be included
- Benefits to look out for in addition to physician compensation
- How to determine if you are “disabled,” and how the physician’s employer should NOT
be able to make this determination
- What the physician’s employer can, and can’t negotiate as far as benefits
- Stark law traps in physician employment contracts, and how to avoid them
RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS IN PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENTS – MAKE SURE YOU DON’T HAVE TO LEAVE TOWN IF YOU QUIT
- What’s really important in physician restrictive covenants, and what isn’t worth
- Minimizing the impact of a physician restrictive covenant
- How you can be released from a physician restrictive covenant
- Negotiation strategies in buy-outs of restrictive covenants for physicians
PHYSICIAN CALL COVERAGE – DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 24/7?
- The physician call coverage language you must have
DEFINING WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU – WILL YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE?
- Physician patient contact hours expectations
- What flexibility a physician’s employer will demand
THE TERM OF THE PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT – MAKE SURE THE SALARY WILL START WHEN YOU ARE READY TO WORK
- Issues with hospital and managed care credentialing, and how to work
- Grounds for termination of physician employment contracts
- “Without cause” termination issues in physician employment agreements
OTHER ISSUES IN PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENTS THAT OFTEN TRAP PHYSICIANS
- Medical record issues in physician employment contracts
- Assignment of location of service of physicians
- Budgetary weasel language to avoid in physician employment agreements
- Malpractice issues in common provisions found in physician employment contracts
MALPRACTICE INSURANCE – WILL YOU BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO LEAVE?
- The types of coverage, and the significance when you leave
- Need for “tail coverage” in your physician employment contract
- How to minimize the devastating cost of “tail coverage”
BUYING IN TO A MEDICAL PRACTICE – A PROMISE OF POTENTIAL PARTNERSHIP ISN’T ENOUGH!
- Time to ownership in the medical practice
- Concerns with “guaranteed” ownership of a medical practice
- Costs of the buy-in to a medical practice
- Methodologies for determining the buy-in price of physician practices, and the pros and cons of each
- Why a cheap buy-in to the medical practice may not be in your best interest
- What provisions are absolutely vital in regard to future ownership of a physician practice
Special reduced price direct from author
ORDER FROM BARNES & NOBLE
Order from Books a Million